Corporate Human Rights Benchmark Ltd, is a not for profit company created to publish and promote the Corporate Human Rights Benchmark.The Corporate Human Rights Benchmark (CHRB) was launched in 2013 as a multi-stakeholder initiative drawing on investor, business and human rights, and benchmarking expertise from 8 organisations:
- APG Asset Management (APG), entrusted to invest EUR443 billion (December 2016) for several pension funds in the Netherlands, considers environmental, social and governance factors an integral part of their investment process.
- Aviva Investors is the global asset management business of Aviva plc. The business delivers investment management solutions, services and client-driven performance to clients worldwide. Aviva Investors operates in 15 countries in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America and the United Kingdom with assets under management of £319 billion as of 30 June 2016.
- Business & Human Rights Resource Centre is an international NGO that tracks the human rights impacts (both positive and negative) of over 7000 companies in over 180 countries, making information available on its eight language website.
- Calvert Research and Managementis a leader in Responsible Investing. Calvert offers one of the largest and most diversified families of responsibly invested mutual funds, encompassing actively and passively managed U.S. and international equity strategies, fixed income strategies and asset allocation funds managed in accordance with the Calvert Principles for Responsible Investment.
- The EIRIS Foundation is a leading UK-based charity operating in the field of responsible investment. The foundation is committed to helping organisations and individuals maximise their contribution to the responsible business and investment agenda.
- The Institute for Human Rights and Business(IHRB) is the leading international think tank on business and human rights. IHRB’s mission is to shape policy, advance practice and strengthen accountability in order to make respect for human rights part of everyday business.
- Nordea Wealth Management is the largest Nordic private bank, life & pensions provider and asset manager.
- VBDO (the Dutch Association of Investors for Sustainable Development) aims at generating a more sustainable capital market by raising awareness among both multinational corporations and investors about the contributions they can make towards a sustainable capital market.
The newly formed CHRB Ltd. is governed by a board of directors and chaired by Steve Waygood, Chief Responsible Investment Officer at Aviva Investors.
Research and data is provided to the CHRB by:
- Vigeo Eiris is a global provider of environmental, social and governance (ESG) research to investors and public and private corporates. Vigeo Eiris provides the task group of analysts to carry out the data collection and assessment according to the CHRB Pilot Methodology 2016.
- Business & Human Rights Resource Centre provided company response information from their database of over 3000 allegations and responses.
- RepRisk is a leading business intelligence provider, specializing in environmental, social, and governance (ESG) risk analytics and metrics. RepRisk provided the CHRB information on serious allegations.